Geez I'm gettin' old


As a kid, I never thought I'd utter these words, but I must admit.. I use the phrase "Geez I'm getting Old" more and more with every passing day year.  Here are some things that have come to fruition this year, which made me realize I'm no longer a spring chicken..

  • I often wake up more sore than I was when I went to bed the night before.


  • I get excited when I find coupons that will save me two dollars or more off of a meal.


  • I dig Old Spice aftershave. 
    Plain and simple, the stuff works great (it must.. because it's been around for over 70 years)  It does a great job of tightening up your skin after a shave, and heads off rash and razor burn.  I no longer have an aversion to the scent like I did when I was younger.  Mainly, I didn't like the idea of wearing the same fragrance as my Dad, or men over the age of forty. While I'm still abstaining from switching over to this retro scent, now that I'm a Dad of a certain age.. the thought really doesn't bother me any longer.


  • I don't mind talking about certain subjects with my buddies

    Things that used to be embarrassing for young guys to talk about, no longer bother me and my friends.  Colonoscopies, bowel movements, physical ailments, you name it.  Ten years ago I would have thought this was crazy, but suddenly its no big deal to me and the guys to chat about this kind of stuff.  Misery loves company I guess.


  • Cold weather is starting to really bug me

    Sudden changes in the barometer makes my knee hurt, and the winter months do a number on my sinuses and back.  I'd be perfectly happy taking up residence in Florida immediately.  update.. it's now 2017 and I made it to Sunny Florida!

  • I start more and more sentences with

    "Back in the day.."


    The newer alternative to "Back in my day.." or "Back in the old days".  I feel old when I use it, but it's usually warranted, and followed by absolute fact, or eye opening stories for the young whipper snappers of today.


  • I get irritated when lights are left on

    I swear I'm turning into my old man!  It truly bothers me when someone leaves a light on and is not using it.

     
I could go on and on, but at the risk of sounding twenty years older than I actually am.. I'm going to stop for now.  How about you?  Are you surprising yourself with changes in attitude and philosophy as you get older?  Are you fighting the inclination to yell GET OFF MY LAWN to kids passing by? If so, I'd love to hear about it.  After all.. misery loves company.